Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Preparation- Established an understanding of professionalism, ethics, quality performance, public Policy, safety, and sustainability that allows them to be professional leaders and contributors to society while solving civil engineering problems and producing effective solutions.
- Core competence- Enthused the student to take initiative for solving the problems by working in a team within an organization and setting a good example for others.
- Breadth- To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, create and design novel systems and to contribute in providing solutions to real-life problems.
- Professionalism- To inculcate in student profession, always strive for excellence, accountable, courteous and respectful, ethical, respectful of confidentiality.
- Learning Environment- To create an environment of trust and open collaboration, active learning, allow the students for spontaneous interactions, Provide time for informal class opportunities, sharing ideas across discipline, for multidisciplinary projects, encourage the students for innovation and creativity.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Analyse and design Civil engineering systems with social awareness and responsibility.
- Identify the various properties of rocks and soils to select suitable foundation for Civil structures
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of Civil engineers and analyse the issues faced in the professional practices.